How to measure, delivery, fabrics and more
Helpful Tip: Try and use a metal tape measure.
1. Measure your window in cm's or inches, whichever you feel comfortable with.
2. When taking sizes, start with the width first and then the drop. You may find it easier drawing a rough diagram on paper first.
3 Make sure you are familiar with the way the window operates, if the window opens inward the blind may restrict the opening of the window. So fitting the blind on the outsite of the frame may be a better option.
Recess Measurement (fitting inside the window frame)
1. All you have to do is measure the exact width across, then the exact drop from top to bottom.
2 Try and measure the width at the highest point of the window, sometimes the measurement at the bottom is different from the top. The narrowest measurement width is required for the make up of the blind.
Outside Measurement (fitting on the outside of the window frame)
1. Measure the outside of the frame, remember the width given will be the total width across including the fixing brackets. For example if a width of 1m is given then an allowance of 37mm will be deducted from the fabric width to allow for the brackets.
2. Measure the outside of the frame for the drop, making sure you allow a little bit extra at the top for the brackets. Please note: If you are not sure about the best place to install the blinds, just take a picture of the area and we will advise. All blinds are supplied with all the necessary fittings, we however do not supply screws. Depending on the surface you are securing to will determine the type and size of screw.
Our range consists of Regular, Dim-out & Blackout fabrics. We are happy to help select the best fabric option for your project. Also in our range of services we specialise in wood venetian, metal venetian, roman, vertical and coloured regular roller blinds are also available. Please call or email your requirements and we will be delighted to help.
We deliver fast to anywhere in the UK, for a quote just call!
We make the whole process simple we can handle
London Office DVS House, Suite 4 4 Spring Villa Road Edgware, London HA8 7EB Tel: 020 7859 4970 Glasgow Office/Factory Unit 11 Spiersbridge Business Park Spiersbridge Way Thornliebank Glasgow, G46 8NG Tel: 0141 620 0506 Edinburgh Office Tel: 0131 603 8732 Owned by Osdin Contracts Ltd Company reg: SC382901